Personal Projector FAQs
What sort of payment do you accept?
We accept most forms of payment including:
- Debit / Credit cards including American Express, Mastercard, Visa and more!
- Bank Transfer
We do not accept PayPal unless purchased through our eBay store.
Delivery - how long does it take for delivery in UK, EU or Rest of World?
UK - We offer fast delivery worldwide including a range of timed delivery options in the UK including before 12pm and before 10.30am as well as Next Day (before 6pm). Orders placed before 4pm are normally guaranteed to be delivered within these delivery times (unless otherwise stated). If after 4pm please call us on 0845 121 8800 or email us as on some models its possible to still deliver even up to 5pm.
International - All goods are shipped from the UK. Our warehouse is situated next to Birmingham airport to ensure the fastest delivery speeds possible.
EU (including Channel Islands) - 2-5 working days
SA/Canada - 3-5 working days
Rest of the world - 3-7 working days.
Here are some estimate costs and shipping lead times for international shipping across the Pico Genie range (prices/lead times may differ based on your exact location):
|Product||Country||UPS Delivery Time||UPS Shipping Cost|
|Pico Genie Impact 2.0||USA
|1 to 2 Business Days
2 Business Days
2 to 3 Business Days
1 to 3 Business Days
|Pico Genie Impact 3.0||USA
|1 to 2 Business Days
2 Business Days
2 to 3 Business Days
2 to 4 Business Days
|Pico Genie Impact 4.0||USA
|2 to 3 Business Days
3 Business Days
3 to 4 Business Days
2 to 4 Business Days
|Pico Genie M550 Plus 2.0||USA
|2 to 3 Business Days
3 Business Days
6 Business Days
2 to 4 Business Days
Pico Genie Impact 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0 Projector Troubleshooting Guide
Where can I find the user manual for the Pico Genie Impact 2.0 / 3.0?
You can find the user manual by scanning the QR code on the side of the packaging. Alternatively, click the hyperlinks below:
- Pico Genie Impact 2.0 User Manual
- Pico Genie Impact 3.0 User Manual
- Pico Genie Impact 4.0 User Manual
How do I connect my IOS device to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
There are two ways of connecting to the Pico Genie Impact projectors, you can either:
- Connect using a USB lightning charger cable (iPhone charger) OR
- Connect Wirelessly using screen mirroring. Ensure both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network > then click the Airplay / screen mirroring icon on the mac > choose ID "PICO-XXXXXXX"
Please note, some newer IOS devices use USB-C and will require a USB-C to HDMI adaptor (Mini HDMI for Impact 2.0) for wired screen mirroring.
How do I connect my Android device to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
There are two ways of connecting to the Pico Genie Impact projectors via Android, you can either:
- Connect using an (your phone port) to HDMI adaptor OR
- Connect Wirelessly using screen mirroring. Ensure both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network > Download the eShare app on your mobile phone > Open the eShare app on your projector first then on your mobile phone > On your mobile phone connect to the projector via the eShare app (it should be named EShare-XXXX)
- Impact 4.0 allows direct connection via a USB-C connection
How do I connect my laptop / PC to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
- HP has done a detailed guide on screen mirroring devices to laptops here: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05189396
- If you are unable to wirelessly connect to your computer, you will need to install eShare for PC onto your projector. You can download the eShare app here
To install the eShare app > download the app and copy it to a USB drive > insert the USB into the projector > go to the file manager on the projector, find the app and install the eShare app
- Alternatively, you can connect via an HDMI cable
How do I connect my MAC to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
Connect both devices to the same wi-fi network, then click the Airplay / screen mirroring icon on the mac and choose ID "PICO-XXXXXXX"
See your user manual for more information.
How do I connect the mouse on the Pico Genie Impact 1.0
The mouse carries a USB dongle underneath it, this needs taking out of the mouse and inserting into the projector for it to work.
What to do if the remote isn't working for the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
Ensure the batteries are working and placed into the remote correctly. Also ensure you are pointing the remote at the IR receiver, this is on the back of the unit.
If struggling to use the remote you can also plug in a mouse and use either Impact projector like a PC.
My Pico Genie Impact projector is out of focus?
Please use the focus wheel to put the projector into focus, this is usually found on the side of the projector. Impact 4.0 has auto focus and manual focus can be done via the remote.
How do I connect my Pico Genie Impact projector to a mobile hotspot?
- Go into your phones settings > Mobile data / hotspot
- Turn on your mobile hotspot and give it a password
- Ensure the mobile hotspot is made visible to other devices
- On the projector, go to wi-fi, click your hotspot and connect using password you setup
- Try changing the hotspot password, turning off hotspot and then turning it back on to try again
- Try changing the security settings on your mobile hotspot settings (it should be set so anyone trying to connect it requires a password)
- Try factory resetting the projector within the settings and trying again, this usually fixes most bugs on projectors
How to change the projection orientation on the Impact range?
From the home screen > go to “Settings” > “Projection Setting” > “Projection Setting” > from here you can choose the following options to reverse the image:
- Front Projection
- Rear Projection
- Ceiling Projection
- Flip Projection
Projected image looks out of proportion on my projector
This could be due to how the keystone correction / 4 corner correction is setup.
Reset the keystone, try projecting straight on and see if it still looks out of proportion
How to adjust the image (keystone correction) on the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
From the main menu on the projector > go to Settings > Projection Settings > Projector Keystone
Once on this menu, you can adjust each corner until it is square.
Here are some video links of the Impact 2.0 being used for art with a demonstration of the keystone being used (all the impacts work in the same way):
How to enlarge the image on the Pico Gene Impact projector
To enlarge the photo you will have to move the projector further away from the surface you are projecting on.
To make the image smaller, move the projector closer.
Another way to enlarge the image, if you are screen mirroring, is by ‘pinching’ the screen to enlarge the image.
See this video here and skip to timestamp 1.31: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IRk6kLQuo&t=91s
How to access a USB on a Pico Genie Impact projector
- Plug your USB stick into the projector (ideally one that is less than 32GB or it may not recognise it)
- Then go to apps and access the file manager app
- Within the file manager app, click on your USB and from there you will find all the data that is stored on the USB stick
Pico Genie M550 Plus 2.0 Projector Troubleshooting Guide
Try changing the batteries on the remote, see video on how to remove the remote back here.
Turn the projector off and on and try to re-pair the remote.
Projector is now projecting black and white instead of in colour
If this happens, click the projector settings button on your remote (it's right above the up arrow) and restore it to default settings.
How to install / setup CHiQ S-CK100/120" ALR Screen
If you cannot connect to the WiFi network
If you are having any network issues please try connecting the projector to a mobile data hotspot rather than the router. This will determine if the issue is with the network (Wi-Fi) or the projector, if the network works fine on mobile data then the problem is with the router.If the problem is with the projector, please try the following:
- Go to the wifi settings and choose “Forget Wi-Fi” on the projector and then try reconnecting
- Move the projector closer to the router to improve the signal
- Reboot the projector and try re-connecting
- Factory reset the projector (usual under settings menu) and try connecting again
- Check for any firmware updates on the projector
If the problem is with the router, please try the following:
- To improve the signal between the two, try moving the projector closer to the router
- Try rebooting the router and forgetting the WiFi on the projector then reconnecting
- Remove other devices from your Wi-Fi, this can improve Wi-Fi speed
If Pico Genie Periscope / Polar / Panda will not screen mirror to mobile device / laptop
- Ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi and the signal is strong
- Move the device you want to screen mirror closer to the projector and try again
- Reboot the projector and try screen mirroring again
- Factory reset the projector and try again
- Try using alternative screen mirroring apps from the play store such as Air Pin, EZCast, HappyCast
- Alternatively, hard wire the device for screen mirroring. You may need an HDMI adapter for your device. This will stop any streaming issues and connect instantly and is the most reliable if you are having Wi-Fi connection issues
If Pico Genie Periscope / Polar / Panda will not recognise USB drive
- Try rebooting the projector, removing the USB, then rebooting and then inserting it again once the projector has booted back up
- Use an alternative file manager app from the google play store and check if the USB data appears on the new app
- Try using an alternative USB or SD card
- Check for copyright issues – movies or music may be restricted from playback if they have just been copied across without the correct licenses. Try testing on another device to see if it plays back. Or try to connect via HDMI or VGA cable and this often removes these types of issues
If you can’t access apps such YouTube on Pico Genie Periscope / Polar / Panda
- Try clearing the cache from the google play store settings and in the projector settings and try launching the app again
- Try factory resetting the projector in the usual settings and then launch the app
- With apps such as YouTube, there are alternative versions available on the play store, try downloading the alternative version and testing if it works
- Alternatively, use an HDMI connection and project the app from a laptop or mobile device
If you are unable to update your Pico Genie Polar / Panda
- Please download the latest firmware here
- Put onto a USB and plug into the projector then click the file to install.
Netflix incompatible with my projector?
If Netflix says its not compatible with your projector
If you have a projector with an older operating system then recent versions of the Netflix app may not be compatible with your projector. In this event follow this link to download an older version of Netflix onto the projector: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688
Pico Genie M550 Plus (Older Model) Troubleshooting Guide
The Pico Genie M550 Plus has the native aspect ratio of 16:10, if you would like to change this you will have to use the XB Player as the other players do not support it.
What is the operating temperature for the M550 Plus?
The operating temperature is -10~45℃, and non-operating temperature is -25~70℃.
How to screen mirror your android device the M550 Plus?
To wirelessly screen mirror your android device follow these steps:
- On the projector go to: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click the sub-menu (3 dots) in the top right > Select Wi-Fi Direct > This will show you the projectors name to screen mirror your device to.
- On your phone > Swipe down to see the drop down menu of settings > Swipe right on to the second page > Click Smart View (this may vary on other phones and may be called screen mirroring or cast screen ect.) > find the projectors name, click and connect to it.
M550 Plus FAQ and Happycast support
Please use the following document to view trouble shooting issues on the Pico Genie M550 Plus.
This includes How To Videos on connecting your Ipad, Iphone, Macbook, Laptop and using Happycast. It also contains Apps for Happy Cast, AirPin and TV File manager used to access USB and SD cards in the projector: https://bit.ly/328LUT4
How do i connect the M550 Plus to my laptop/Mac wirelessly
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network or 3G/4G Access Point.
- Open the "eHomeMediaCenter" App on the Pico Genie M550 and click "Media Player"
- On your Laptop/Mac, right click an image/video you would like to stream to the projector select "Play to" and then "eHomeCinemaCenter".
- The content should now be displayed through the projector. To display a different file, simply repeat step 3.
Import duties and taxes - How do I work out what mine will be?
You can find out the import duties and taxes at the checkout when you reach shipping, from here you can choose whether to pay the duties & tax up front or when it is imported.
For more information regarding taxes and duties please follow this link: https://personalprojector.co.uk/pages/tax
Who should buy a projector?
Consumers, businesses or travellers wishing to watch photos, videos, or presentations on a big screen. Or anyone wanting to enlarge the small screen on a mobile device such as a laptop, iPad/iPod/iPhone, smart phone, games console (Wii, PS4, Xbox One, PC etc), PDA or other electronic device. Great for sharing with friends, colleagues, clients…
How can I enhance the quality of my powerpoint presentations when using the onboard memory of my pico projector?
Powerpoint presentations can be projected from the onboard memory of a pico projector by saving as .jpg (though some models support .ppt such as Pico Genie M550 or Vivitek Qumi Q6). However we’ve been looking into other approaches in order to get the best results for business users other than the standard methods such as via AV, VGA or USB. Read on to find out more...
One method is by creating a video of your powerpoint files using free software called EM Free Powerpoint Video Converter which is readily available online. This software makes it quick and easy to convert even for multiple files at once from not only ppt to jpg, bmp etc but also to video formats!
Once converted, just save the video, e.g as a WMV or AVI, to the projector’s memory. You can then use the ppt video, simply pausing to stop/start the slides/video. Its also worth making your font sizes bigger and using a bolder black text to improve it even further.
Alternatively you can even:
- Connect to a smartphone wired/wirelessly and mirror your smartphones display to the projector OR
- Use the HDMI cable and a small notebook laptop for ultra portability to play ppt direct from the laptopThe Screencast software is a good and very quick file conversion solution.
Other software customers have also used Handbrake software as an alternative although this is not something we have tested ourselves.
What are the benefits of LED? Why choose LED projectors?
No lamps – LED light source means there are no bulbs to replace so you save a fortune on bulb replacements which can be up to £400 every year
Continual Optimum Resolution – lamp projectors can often experience deterioration in colour, brightness from day 1 whereas LED projectors ensure even several thousand hours usage you’re still getting crisp bright images
No Maintenance – there are no maintenance costs on LED projectors and no dust filters to replace
Greener product – there is no mercury inside LED projectors which means these products are easier to dispose of and are much more environmentally friendly
Instant on/off – no hanging around for the bulb to warm up or cool down and no risk of damaging the “bulb“ when turning off too quickly so ideal if travelling
Extra Features – even entry level LED projectors generally have a huge array of features not usually available on lamp projectors
Our Pico projectors are very popular with artists. These are the models we would suggest:
The Impact 2.0 is most popular with artists currently.