Personal Projector FAQs
What sort of payment do you accept?
We accept most forms of payment including:
- Debit / Credit cards including Mastercard, Visa and more!
- Bank Transfer
If you want to pay by Bank Transfer, do this by going through the checkout and selecting Bank Transfer. Once you have completed the checkout, it will give your our bank details to make the payment to.
We do not accept PayPal unless purchased through our eBay store.
Delivery - how long does it take for delivery in UK, EU or Rest of World?
UK - We offer fast delivery worldwide including a range of timed delivery options in the UK including before 12pm and before 10.30am as well as Next Day (before 6pm). Orders placed before 4pm are normally guaranteed to be delivered within these delivery times (unless otherwise stated). If after 4pm please call us on 0845 121 8800 or email us as on some models its possible to still deliver even up to 5pm.
International - All goods are shipped from the UK. Our warehouse is situated next to Birmingham airport to ensure the fastest delivery speeds possible.
EU (including Channel Islands) - 2-5 working days
SA/Canada - 3-5 working days
Rest of the world - 3-7 working days.
Pico Genie User Manuals
You can find the user manual by scanning the QR code on the side of the packaging. Alternatively, view user manuals here:
Pico Genie Impact 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0 Projector Troubleshooting Guide
Click here for: Pico Genie Troubleshoot Guide
Pico Genie M550 Plus 2.0 Projector Troubleshooting Guide
Click here for: Pico Genie M550 Plus 2.0 Troubleshooting Guide
How to install / setup CHiQ S-CK100/120" ALR Screen
If you cannot connect to the WiFi network
If you are having any network issues please try connecting the projector to a mobile data hotspot rather than the router. This will determine if the issue is with the network (Wi-Fi) or the projector, if the network works fine on mobile data then the problem is with the router.If the problem is with the projector, please try the following:
- Go to the wifi settings and choose “Forget Wi-Fi” on the projector and then try reconnecting
- Move the projector closer to the router to improve the signal
- Reboot the projector and try re-connecting
- Factory reset the projector (usual under settings menu) and try connecting again
- Check for any firmware updates on the projector
If the problem is with the router, please try the following:
- To improve the signal between the two, try moving the projector closer to the router
- Try rebooting the router and forgetting the WiFi on the projector then reconnecting
- Remove other devices from your Wi-Fi, this can improve Wi-Fi speed
If Pico Genie Periscope / Polar / Panda will not screen mirror to mobile device / laptop
- Ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi and the signal is strong
- Move the device you want to screen mirror closer to the projector and try again
- Reboot the projector and try screen mirroring again
- Factory reset the projector and try again
- Try using alternative screen mirroring apps from the play store such as Air Pin, EZCast, HappyCast
- Alternatively, hard wire the device for screen mirroring. You may need an HDMI adapter for your device. This will stop any streaming issues and connect instantly and is the most reliable if you are having Wi-Fi connection issues
If Pico Genie Periscope / Polar / Panda will not recognise USB drive
- Try rebooting the projector, removing the USB, then rebooting and then inserting it again once the projector has booted back up
- Use an alternative file manager app from the google play store and check if the USB data appears on the new app
- Try using an alternative USB or SD card
- Check for copyright issues – movies or music may be restricted from playback if they have just been copied across without the correct licenses. Try testing on another device to see if it plays back. Or try to connect via HDMI or VGA cable and this often removes these types of issues
If you can’t access apps such YouTube on Pico Genie Periscope / Polar / Panda
- Try clearing the cache from the google play store settings and in the projector settings and try launching the app again
- Try factory resetting the projector in the usual settings and then launch the app
- With apps such as YouTube, there are alternative versions available on the play store, try downloading the alternative version and testing if it works
- Alternatively, use an HDMI connection and project the app from a laptop or mobile device
If you are unable to update your Pico Genie Polar / Panda
- Please download the latest firmware here
- Put onto a USB and plug into the projector then click the file to install.
Netflix incompatible with my projector?
If Netflix says its not compatible with your projector
If you have a projector with an older operating system then recent versions of the Netflix app may not be compatible with your projector. In this event follow this link to download an older version of Netflix onto the projector: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688
Pico Genie M550 Plus (Older Model) Troubleshooting Guide
The Pico Genie M550 Plus has the native aspect ratio of 16:10, if you would like to change this you will have to use the XB Player as the other players do not support it.
What is the operating temperature for the M550 Plus?
The operating temperature is -10~45℃, and non-operating temperature is -25~70℃.
How to screen mirror your android device the M550 Plus?
To wirelessly screen mirror your android device follow these steps:
- On the projector go to: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click the sub-menu (3 dots) in the top right > Select Wi-Fi Direct > This will show you the projectors name to screen mirror your device to.
- On your phone > Swipe down to see the drop down menu of settings > Swipe right on to the second page > Click Smart View (this may vary on other phones and may be called screen mirroring or cast screen ect.) > find the projectors name, click and connect to it.
M550 Plus FAQ and Happycast support
Please use the following document to view trouble shooting issues on the Pico Genie M550 Plus.
This includes How To Videos on connecting your Ipad, Iphone, Macbook, Laptop and using Happycast. It also contains Apps for Happy Cast, AirPin and TV File manager used to access USB and SD cards in the projector: https://bit.ly/328LUT4
How do i connect the M550 Plus to my laptop/Mac wirelessly
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network or 3G/4G Access Point.
- Open the "eHomeMediaCenter" App on the Pico Genie M550 and click "Media Player"
- On your Laptop/Mac, right click an image/video you would like to stream to the projector select "Play to" and then "eHomeCinemaCenter".
- The content should now be displayed through the projector. To display a different file, simply repeat step 3.
Import duties and taxes - How do I work out what mine will be?
You can find out the import duties and taxes at the checkout when you reach shipping, from here you can choose whether to pay the duties & tax up front or when it is imported.
For more information regarding taxes and duties please follow this link: https://personalprojector.co.uk/pages/tax
Who should buy a projector?
Consumers, businesses or travellers wishing to watch photos, videos, or presentations on a big screen. Or anyone wanting to enlarge the small screen on a mobile device such as a laptop, iPad/iPod/iPhone, smart phone, games console (Wii, PS4, Xbox One, PC etc), PDA or other electronic device. Great for sharing with friends, colleagues, clients…
How can I enhance the quality of my powerpoint presentations when using the onboard memory of my pico projector?
Powerpoint presentations can be projected from the onboard memory of a pico projector by saving as .jpg (though some models support .ppt such as Pico Genie M550 or Vivitek Qumi Q6). However we’ve been looking into other approaches in order to get the best results for business users other than the standard methods such as via AV, VGA or USB. Read on to find out more...
One method is by creating a video of your powerpoint files using free software called EM Free Powerpoint Video Converter which is readily available online. This software makes it quick and easy to convert even for multiple files at once from not only ppt to jpg, bmp etc but also to video formats!
Once converted, just save the video, e.g as a WMV or AVI, to the projector’s memory. You can then use the ppt video, simply pausing to stop/start the slides/video. Its also worth making your font sizes bigger and using a bolder black text to improve it even further.
Alternatively you can even:
- Connect to a smartphone wired/wirelessly and mirror your smartphones display to the projector OR
- Use the HDMI cable and a small notebook laptop for ultra portability to play ppt direct from the laptopThe Screencast software is a good and very quick file conversion solution.
Other software customers have also used Handbrake software as an alternative although this is not something we have tested ourselves.
What are the benefits of LED? Why choose LED projectors?
No lamps – LED light source means there are no bulbs to replace so you save a fortune on bulb replacements which can be up to £400 every year
Continual Optimum Resolution – lamp projectors can often experience deterioration in colour, brightness from day 1 whereas LED projectors ensure even several thousand hours usage you’re still getting crisp bright images
No Maintenance – there are no maintenance costs on LED projectors and no dust filters to replace
Greener product – there is no mercury inside LED projectors which means these products are easier to dispose of and are much more environmentally friendly
Instant on/off – no hanging around for the bulb to warm up or cool down and no risk of damaging the “bulb“ when turning off too quickly so ideal if travelling
Extra Features – even entry level LED projectors generally have a huge array of features not usually available on lamp projectors
Our Pico projectors are very popular with artists. These are the models we would suggest:
The Impact 2.0 is most popular with artists currently.
How do I use my discount code on the site
If you have a discount code you can insert this at the checkout (not cart), it is positioned on the right side of the screen. We do not accept more than one (1) discount code at a time.
What is the return or refund policy
Please see this here: Shipping & Returns