Benefits of LED projectors
- 17 Feb, 2011
- No lamps – LED light source means there are no bulbs to replace in these projectors so you save a fortune on bulb replacements which can be up to £400 every year
- Continual Optimum Resolution – lamp projectors can often experience deterioration in colour, brightness from day 1 whereas LED projectors ensure even several thousand hours usage you’re still getting crisp bright images
- No Maintenance – there are no maintenance costs on LED projectors and no dust filters to replace
- Greener product – there is no mercury inside LED projectors which means these products are easier to dispose of and are much more environmentally friendly
- Instant on/off – no hanging around for the bulb to warm up or cool down and no risk of damaging the “bulb“ when turning off too quickly so ideal if travelling
- No colour or image degradation - the quality of image projected from a bulb projector will degrade from the first time it is used whereas LED gives consistently high quality from the first day until the last day you use the projector.
- Extra Features – even entry level LED projectors generally have a huge array of features not usually available on lamp projectors such as:
- Battery power for Pico and some Palm sized units so you can use anywhere
- Use as a stand alone device: with onboard memory there is no need to connect to any other device, just project straight from the projectors own memory, USB or SD card
- Ultra portability: ultra light weight and portable with most pico projectors being the size and weight of a mobile/cell phone
- Connect to smartphones, DVDs, TV’s, games consoles
- Use the latest connection with HDMI
- No cables or wires: Some projectors now use WiFi for streaming presentations, images, some video and more...