Connecting your projector to Apple Devices (Updated Dec 2014)
- 17 Dec, 2014
What you will need
For mirroring you will always need a Digital AV adapter and a HDMI cable or Apple TV! Depending on the model and type of device you have, there are currently 2 cable (wired) options available:
- The 30 pin Digital AV adapter, for older Apple devices. See and purchase this adapter through Apple by clicking here
- The Lighting Digital AV adapter, for newer Apple devices. See and purchase this adapter through Apple by clicking here
Please always check that your device is compatible with the Digital AV adapter you choose to purchase, you can see a list of compatibility on Apple's site here.
Cheaper options for Apple cables To stream out video and images that are already saved on your device then you may be able to use one of our cheaper Apple connection cables available to view here. Note: These are not for mirroring the screenWireless ProjectionThere are some projectors which are starting to offer wireless projection, these devices will normally happily mirror Windows and Android devices but it's a little bit different when it comes to Apple. You may wish to invest in Apple TV and use that to wirelessly stream content instead. Alternatively, certain projectors like the Pico Genie M550 or Vivitek Qumi Q6 can wirelessly project your content from both Android and Apple via apps like EZCast or direct.
Apps to use with your iPhone projector
- Stream video, photo's, webpages and more: Available to download here, free of charge! - 'Projout' is available to download from the Apple store free of charge
- Stream photos without being in slideshow mode, change their resolution & project live images from the iPhone Camera: http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/cameravision-visual-presenter/id412366083
- View web pages: http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/webout/id398901061
- View Facebook, document viewer, text editor with email function and image browsing, document viewer (Keynote, Numbers, Pages, PDF, Excel, Word, iWorks, PowerPoint), HTML, Web browsing and map display: http://www.jwalsoft.com/apps/tvout-genie/tvoutfeatures from"TV Out Genie"