Vivitek Qumi Q2 Projector goes "Lite": Now Cheaper with Higher Contrast Ratio
- 20 Feb, 2013
To get the price down to an ultra low £349 inc vat and make the Q2 Lite one of the cheapest 300 lumen projector models, Vivitek have simply removed a few of the original Qumi Q2 features such as, the ability to stream via a wifi dongle and connect to a 50 lumen external battery. These features are however still available on the Vivitek Qumi Q5. The Ligher Q2 also does not come with a carry case or come with the same number of cables as the Q2 with the Q2 Lite only including a VGA cable instead of the additional Apple cables.
Essentially though the Qumi Q2 Lite has kept the most important features which made the original Qumi Q2 such a popular and successful projector such as its great design, tiny form factor and ultra portability with very impressive performance stats including 300 lumens LED at WXGA (1200 x 800) resolution.
It still weighs only 490 grams and has multiple connectivity options allowing it to be used with a variety of devices. The Q2-Lite also features a DLP Pico chipset and BrilliantColor™ technologies from Texas Instruments meaning that you always get a rich, high quality image.
Qumi Q2-Lite Key Features & Specifications:
- TI’s DLP® technology for sharp and detailed image quality
- Widescreen image projection up to 90” in size
- Slim size at only 32mm in depth to easily fit into a bag, briefcase or backpack
- Assortment of connectivity options for easy connection to a variety of multimedia devices including HDMI, A/V-In, Audio-Out, USB (Service)
- Long life LED illumination source with up to 30,000 hours of operations
Comparison table of the Vivitek Qumi Q2, Q2 Lite & Q5 LED projectorsTo view at full size, RIGHT CLICK, View Image
For a similar High Definition product that offers high brightness as well as an in-built battery, see the Pico Genie M300